My WhurdsDeRodan Channel

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A very special 12 years of my life came to an end on Friday the 26th of March.



March 21st 2010

Dear Terri,


I do not know how to begin this letter...but I wanted to write to you and tell you from the bottom of my heart how much your friendship and Floyd's has meant to me over these many years.  I know you lived in our neighborhood and raised your sweet family long before I ever came along. But I just wanted you to know that the day I found the little white house on the corner of 8th Ave and Piccadilly I had no idea how blessed I was to have found a home next to you and your dear Floyd.  Your friendship over the years has meant so much.  

It's so easy to have neighbors...everyone has neighbors...but to have such good friends is a blessing from God.  So it is like this... I thank God above for blessing me with such good friends as you and Floyd.

I miss having you next door and want you to know how much Xavier and I  love you and how anxious we are to have you back home again.  I know things for you have changed beyond all description and explanation. Nothing will ever be the same again.  Terri If things were different and I were telling Floyd this instead of you, I would still be saying the exact same thing to Floyd as I am to you. We love you, We miss you and want  you to come home. Your such an important part of the neighborhood.  

I do realize that some things are in Gods hands alone... but Terri,  If nothing else moves you by this letter... Please know that we love you. 
 
Terri died Friday the 26th of March 2010.
 
 
And now Terri,  we'll miss you. I'm listening to the faint sound of  your back porch wind chimes and looking towards your back yard. The lights still on inside but I know things now will never be the same.  Thank you so much for your loving friendship.  You'll always have a special place in our hearts. And I know that you are now home again....with your loving husband Floyd.
 
All my love 
RODAN

2 comments:

  1. SoBeautifully written & heartwarming to know such people have existed. I know they are looking down upon you & Xavier & saying, damn they are Great Neighbors & Friends. They are always with you in Heart & Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear... it really affected me greatly. I hadn't realized how much I loved them until now...they had become such an regular fixture in our lives here at home. It's really changed the whole homestead, not having such loving neighbors. More than just that such close friends. It will never be the same without them. Both Terry and Floyd will always be in my heart. You have that so right.

    It's been three months now and I think about them every time I go out my front door. And also I wonder just who will move in next to me... I really hope nobody for at least a year. For now it just seems like they've gone to the cabin for the summer and I'm okay with that feeling for now.

    Thank you dear for all your very kind words. I do think your the first person to ever read my blog. (or at least leave a comment.)

    Huggs!
    Just occurred to me maybe you wanna move in next door? That would be nice...

    ReplyDelete