My WhurdsDeRodan Channel

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Autograph Book, January 23, 1890

My previous post has put me in the mood to think about my family.. So I thought I'd share this with my blog.

On January 23, 1890 my Great Great Grandmother wrote to my Great Grandmother when she was around 17 years old....


In an inscription made in my Great Grandmothers "Autograph" (what they called a sort of friendship blog back then)

Complements of your Mother Ida, When far away in distant lands, these lines  you chance to see. Oh then , do not forget to think of the one that put them here for thee....
From your Mother, Lizzie Converse, Remembrance of your Mother.


 
I just love that I have this note... Love is a powerful thing...


My Great Grandmother and Great Great Grandmother in
their later years...Great Great lived to be 99 years old.


I've got lots of this stuff...  

Happy Thursday!!!
            RoDan

No comments:

Post a Comment